Lee HazlewoodThere's A Dream I've Been Saving: Lee Hazlewood Industries 1966 - 1971
This landmark box set is the ultimate artifact for Lee Hazlewood heads new and old, containing a lavishly packaged, expansive 172-page LP sized hard cover book. But every good book deserves a soundtrack and in this case it comes in the form of a four-CD anthology of the LHI label, along with the never-before-released 1970 film Cowboy in Sweden on DVD. The CDs feature Hazlewood songs familiar and less so; surprising covers, doleful duets and little heard LHI gold.
One of the most impressive aspects of the LHI box set is the gorgeous 12”x12” LP sized book (perfect for your record shelf), packed with rare beautiful pictures of Lee, his artists (and the occasional horse). The pages roll out the full story of the LHI label, including interviews with Lee and Suzi Jane Hokum, re-assessments of key Hazlewood albums, and artist profiles for the label’s roster, lovingly written by renowned L.A. music journalist/novelist Jessica Hundley. In the illuminating text, a picture of Hazlewood emerges – fiercely talented, brutally independent, a rare, ornery, ruthless and visionary man.
A Deluxe Edition of the box set contains all of the above housed in a cloth-bound clamshell box with reproductions of LHI-era artifacts including press photos and a reproduction plane ticket used by Hazlewood back in ‘70. But the true icing on the cake is three data discs which include just about every 45 single and every LP ever released onLHI — in both WAV and MP3 formats. At around 17 albums and 72 singles (totaling 305 songs!), that’s a whole lot of Lee.
The deluxe edition includes the following:
172 Page Hard Cover Book:
- LP-sized cloth bound book with gold foil stamp
- Over 150 rare & unseen photos + In depth essays
- LHI history, album breakdowns, 27 artist profiles, LHI timeline, and interviews with Lee & dozens of label alum.
Cowboy in Sweden The Film, on DVD (1970, 60 mins):
- First time available. New digital transfer from the original 16mm master negative at the Swedish Broadcasting Co. Fully restored in HD with re-mastered sound. Region Free.
4 CDs (107 Tracks):
- Meticulously Re-mastered. Analog transfers captured at 24-bit/96-kHz. 95% of transfers from original analog master tapes (remainder transferred from mint vinyl).
- DISCS 1 & 2: Everything Lee recorded for LHI, including every 45 single and album (Cowboy in Sweden, Forty, The Cowboy & The Lady, and Requiem For an Almost Lady), plus a handful of unreleased tracks.
- DISCS 3 & 4: Key tracks from the LHI stable of artists, including Suzi Jane Hokom, The Kitchen Cinq, Ann-Margret, Honey Ltd., The International Submarine Band, Arthur, The Aggregation, Sanford Clark, Lynn Castle, The Surprise Package, Virgil Warner, and Hamilton Streetcar, amongst many others.
- 14 unreleased tracks
From Lee’s Personal ‘Stache:
- Flexi disc featuring unheard Lee ‘studio chatter’ (“Play it like a cowboy song”)
- Reproduction of Lee’s original embossed LHI business card
- 5 random copies include a “Golden Ticket” for a free subscription to Light In The Attic’s Lee Hazlewood Archive Series
|Titel:||There's A Dream I've Been Saving: Lee Hazlewood Industries 1966 - 1971|
|Label:||Light In The Attic|
|Format:||Box Set, CD|
|Pressung:||US – Original|
|Genre:||Rock / Indie|
|Style:||Indierock / Alternative|
|Gewicht:||Für diesen Artikel liegen uns keine Gewichtsangaben vor. Beim Versand wird daher ein Gewicht von über 1kg angenommen.|