Pink FloydDark Side Of The Moon
1. The label has a solid blue prism. Subsequent pressings have a blue glowing inner edge prism with the centre black.
2. 'The Gramophone Co.' text is centred on label above prism.
3. A2/B2 matrix in deadwax of run out groove.
4. Thick heavyweight vinyl believed by some to be the 'finest' and most true encapsulation of this historical recording as the first pressing was pressed direct from the original masterplate. "These 1st pressings were straight from the masters and nothing even gets close to them today. They play with a deep clear warm clarity and have to be heard to be believed!".
5. There is a distinct bluish tint/tinge in the black ink of the cover.
6. Gatefold sleeve is 'folded in' and factory sealed at one end. [To identify the original the cover must have the 'folded in' flap and not just be two sides 'glued' together].
7. Inner sleeve is a distinctive polythene lined die cut black semi matt paper with white printed text stating 2 patent numbers bottom left [112555/1072844] and 'MADE IN GREAT BRITAIN' bottom right.
8. Posters and stickers were printed on paper stock that has a rough texture (later pressings used paper that was gloss laminated).
9. Stickers have printed backs with diagonal lines across them.